Monday 28 July 2014

Summer Beauty Favourites- Part 2


After my long ramble over my other Summer beauty favourites (check out my previous post for part 1 if you haven't already) I can now feel guilt free for rambling again without making an hour long read for you all. So ill save the babbling for the products and get straight into it- enjoy:)



MAC face and body has been a favourite of mine since I have started wearing make-up as I have such dry skin and this is the only foundation I have found to not go patchy throughout the day *hooray*! I especially love this in summer as it can give a light tint to a fuller coverage if built up. This foundation also gives a dewy glow to the skin which I am a sucker for and keeps my skin shining all day (without looking sweaty- not a good look) this product is also amazing as - just like the name suggests- it can be used on your body. so if you want your legs out but cant stand that awful bruise- no problemo! Just put a light layer of this on and it will look just like your skin- no one will know!

I am very lazy when it comes to my hair and cant spend more than 15 minutes on it without being fed up or giving up -who is with me? Especially in summer so I tend to go for the messy beachy hair look, if I am out in the heat it will end up like that in the first place so may as well make it look intentional eh? The Mark Hill Beach Babe Salt Spray was a staple for me last summer and this summer it was the first thing I went out and purchased. This product gives your hair a beautiful tousled wavy look that looks styled yet effortless. Not only that but it also stays like that all day and holds perfectly. I find the smell of this product amazing and completely reminds me of my last summer and brings back good memories- looove it!

Bourjous Bronzing Primer has been a favourite of mine and since it has came out i have repurchased 3 times, yes 3 (ooops).. This product is the perfect dupe for Chanel Soleil de Tan and gives the face a natural looking glowing tan- just what you want in the summer time. I have always been a sucker for cream bronzers due to my dry skin so this product was like heaven for me! You can use this under foundation or just on its own all over the face for a natural tanned look or you can use it to give a natural perfect contour that blends amazingly! That on its own has me sold and the fact that it has the famous bourjois chocolate bronzer signature scent is an added bonus!

There has been a huge hype with the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks and boooy do I understand why!! These lip products are perfect for summer as they have amazing lasting power so wont melt or smudge over your face in the heat- no one likes the clown look. Not only that but they also come in the most beautiful bright summery shades. Although i do hope they come out with more- especially an orange *hint hint borjois* my favourite is 05 ole flamingo, the perfect fushia for summer that can amp up any natural look into a bold summer look without having to be re-applied throughout the day.

A summer favourites wouldn't be complete without a favourite summer scent would it? of course not! And I feel like this scent will always be my signature summer scent, it is gorgeous! Whenever I went into MAC I never thought to try there fragrance but oh my am I glad I did! Mac Turquatic is so light and fresh and smells exactly what you would expect from the word 'turquatic'. I have worn this scent almost every day this summer and constantly get compliments on its fresh unique scent. I am not a fan of overpowering scents in summer so this is perfect for me and now to mention the beautiful design on the bottle! I would recommend everyone to have a sniff next time your in a mac store- you wont regret it!

Every blonde wants to keep their hair bright and non brassy especially in summer and the Pro:Voke Touch of Silver shampoo is perfect to keep your blonde hair looking blonde and not yellow or dull. This is a staple in my hair care all year round but I like to use it more frequently in the summer to keep my blonde hair shining in the sun! If your a blonde then I could not recommend this enough, especially at the amazingly cheap price it is valued at!

Finally at the end of my long list of favourites is a hair oil- who doesnt want their hair shiny and glossy in the sunshine? My favourite is Argan oil as it makes my hair shiny and less dry without making my hair sticky or greasy. I purchased this from a pound store and it is going to last me years!- a little goes a long way! I would advise anyone to try a hair oil if they want shiny healthy hair and for £1 who could go wrong?



Finally my favourites are over for this summer *everyone sighs with relief* I hope that I haven't rambled too long and you have managed to read up to now (congratulations if you have)! I hope you have enjoyed looking at my summer favourites and please comment to let me know if you use or try out any of these products and what you think!!
lots of love
ScottishRose
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment