Monday 22 September 2014

BodyShop Buys


I have never thought of buying makeup from the Body Shop before until I walked passed their shop one day and noticed they were doing a 3 for 2 offer on all of their cosmetics. I have heard good things about the BB cream and the famous Honey bronzer so I thought why not and had a little splurge; so I thought I would share with you all what I purchased.



FACE POWDER

I first bought the Body Shop All in One Face Base powder in 03 which is THE perfect shade for me! It is quite full coverage and makes my skin look flawless at only £14.00. I love to lightly dust this over my face if im wearing a light coverage foundation or even use the sponge that comes with it on its own as a powder foundation and it is A-MA-ZING


The powder comes in silver mirrored packaging then splits into two compartments; one with the powder itself then above there is a section with a sponge applicator. The middle part (the lift up compartment) also has a reasonably sized mirror so you can apply it on the go which is always handy. The only downfall is the mirrored packaging in my opinion as it gets grubby and dirty very easily.


The product is extremely pigmented (as shown in the picture above) and gives your skin that extra coverage without looking too cakey. I would definately compare this powder to the MAC studio fix powder as it has the same consistency and coverage and also the packaging is also identical. So if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to mac then I would definately go check this product out 



BB CREAM

The next product I purchased was the Body Shop All in one BB cream which has been highly raved about in the blogging world over summer. As I am going away soon I was looking for a BB cream to wear in the evening as I don't want to pile on the foundation and this one is perfect at only £12.00 


The product starts off as a white cream as shown in the first image and when blended turns into your skin giving slight coverage. This product has great coverage in comparison to a tinted moisturiser and a tiny dot can cover your whole face so it will last you a long time. I love the finish it gives as it has a slight dewy look which is perfect for my holiday so I can't wait to wear this!



BRONZER

The final product I bought was the Famous Honey Bronzer and now since I have it, I can't imagine my life without it- no exaggeration I have literally wore it everyday since buying it and it's only £13.00. The packaging is beautiful, i love the brown colour and the large mirror that comes with it which is always good when your on the go. The powder itself also has that honeycomb pattern which i think is a cute touch


The product is a beautiful light natural colour and is completely matt so it literally just looks like you have a tan. I like to apply this lightly all over my face and then apply it in the hollows of my cheeks for a natural everyday contour. I have wore this everyday for a week now and it still looks brand new. I know that this is a product that I will continue to repurchase and won't stop loving.  


I would love to know if you have tried any of these products and if you love them as much as i do, also please recommend me some other Body Shop goodies that you have discovered as i have now fallen in love with the shop and want to buy more!!

Lots of Love
ScottishRose
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I just purchased the Body Shop's Coconut Body mist - it smells absolutely devine! However the scent (as with most 'body mists' i find) does not last very long. But its nice to carry around a little bottle of summer with me sometimes!
    I am so keen to try the Honey Bronzer after so many rave reviews, and maybe the BB cream... okay stop, i really don't need to be spending more money :)

    Kelsey x
    www.kelstagram.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds amazing I love the smell of coconut it just reminds me of holidays, I will definitely need to give that a try for my holidays! I would definitely give them a try haha that's what I said but couldn't help but spend money- it's a problem haha x

      Delete